Panel Discussion on AI and the Customer Journey in Retail
As part of the “Retail Tech Tour Germany 2019” powered by Business France ten French companies from the retail technology sector will visit EuroCIS on 19 February 2019. The highlight of their stay will be the “French Hour” – a 1-hour panel discussion on the topics “Artificial Intelligence” and “Customer Experience” on the STAGE at the Start-up hub (Hall 10 D04/E03).
Artificial Intelligence will be the topic discussed from 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm by Activeviam, Advalo, Dotaki, Onestock and Pricemoov while eCentime, Kylii Kids, Mirakl, Spread & Cole as well as Wazapp will exchange ideas on the Customer Experience from 2.30 pm to 3.00 pm.
“The discussions aim to provide answers for solving problems and make available a platform for exchanging experiences,” reports Etienne Le Roux of Business France. AI has been a trend theme in retail for quite some time now – and still prompts a need for exchanging ideas. The panel discussing the customer experience will be very focused: for example, on how the shopping experience in retail can be boosted.
The “French Hour” will take place on the STAGE at the Start-up hub (Hall 10 D04/E03) from 2.00 pm to 3.00 pm on Tuesday, 19 February 2019. The complete program of the STAGE can be found here.
About the participating companies
- Concept: The ActiveViam Pricing Platform provides all the tools retailers need to efficiently analyze and control their price-image strategy
- Advantages of the platform: margin optimization, reduced time to pricing process, improvement of the company’s price-image.
- Featured customers in the retail branch: Fnac-Darty, BUT, Leroy-Merlin, Monoprix, Feu Vert.
- Concept: customized marketing platform for an individualized customer experience; in other words, Advalo wants to replicate online, the relationship a seller and a customer can have in a physical POS.
- The company offers a software that allows retailers to analyze their website’s and in-store data (loyalty card for ex.).
- Main purpose: when is the probability of the purchase act at its highest?
- Featured customers: automotive (Seat, Skoda); fashion (éram, Rouge Gorge, Cyrillus), But (subsidiary of the Austrian company Lutz), Cuisines Ixina (BE), Wereldhave (NL).
- Concept: AI tool that allows a website to adapt itself to the personality of the online shopper to improve the e-commerce website’s conversion rate
- Observed growth of 5% to 15% of the conversion rate.
- Dotaki has no access to a user’s personal data; no cross-tracking and third-party cookies.
- Which parameters are observed? Used browser, course and speed of the mouse cursor, etc.
- Featured customers: Retail (Leroy Merlin, Galeries Lafayette), Insurance (Groupama), Media (TF1)
- Trusted shopping guide community that connects Chinese people in Europe with local and European products providers.
- The aim is to facilitate the connection between Chinese customers and European brands.
- Success Stories: The Hut Group, La Vallée Village
- Interactive games and children play areas installed in stores. With its solutions, Kylii Kids wants to increase sales revenue by boosting customer experience and attract, entertain and retain families
- Already has a partner in Germany (leading European shopping center operator)
- Featured customers: Galeries Lafayette, Petit Bateau, Carrefour, Hammerson (UK)
- Development of B2B marketplaces (SaaS Platform)
- Subsidiary in Munich with German native speakers
- Featured customers: Galeries Lafayette, Carrefour, Best Buy Canada, Conrad Deutschland, Gourmondo.de
- Omnichannel-tool which prevents stock-outs and optimizes shipping costs
- Goal: each product is shipped to a customer, independently from factors such as: the warehouse location, the customer’s address or the shipping method
- Success Story with Phase Eight (clothing brand from the UK): +77% of online-inventory (« available SKUs »); + 4,1 M GBP of online turnover within the first three months after the solution’s implementation.
- Featured customers: mostly retail clothing (Camaïeu, Rouge Gorge, Jules, Brice, Phase Eight, etc.)
- Applied to EHI’s RETA-Awards
- “Get the right price, for the right customer at the right moment”
- Pricemoov computes different data (weather, stock, competitor’s price, events, etc.) to assist a company in its price management strategy
- Concept: cloud-based platform for the optimization and supervision of quality management processes. Spread & Cole helps its customers to avoid major crises in the production process (for ex. supply of dairy products).
- Spread & Cole is a sole, secure and qualified database where suppliers and retailers can quickly exchange business information and prevent technical and sanitary incidents.
- App-Development agency
- Case studies: Casino-Group Emeraud loyalty program; cooperation with Sodebo to help customers localize eating options around them (supermarket, restaurants, snacks, etc.)
- Since 2010, development of more than 50 apps for companies such as Coca-Cola, Keolis, Naval Group or Peugeot-PSA.
For further details on the French delegation please contact Etienne Le Roux, Export Advisor Retail at Business France: email@example.com
About Business France
Business France is the economic and commercial department of the French General Consulate in Düsseldorf. Business France is an official service of the French Ministry of Economy and Finance and supports German-French business relations and promotes contact between German and French companies.